I would first like to say how impressed I have been with the level of support Treyarch have given black ops on pc and I hope they can continue this support as they develop the next call of duty also. I have compiled a number of request I and others in the black ops pc community have been asking about and I hope as much of these questions can be answered as is possible.
- Call of Duty Elite - Would it be possible to get a release date (or if this is not possible an estimate) of when cod elite will release for black ops and mw3 on pc, and which features will the pc version see and which will not be included (we know that it will be scaled down from the console version of elite). Will these features be different for black ops than mw3.
- Black Ops Map Editor - I have asked the question before of whether a radiant editor will be released for pc, which I have been told is still viable. I believe that the effect that releasing this would have on map pack sales will be negligible however releasing these files would mean a huge amount to the cod mapping community and would I feel create more loyalty towards Treyarch for seeing through intentions of full mod support.
- Black Ops Single Player Dev Console - I would hope that a patch could address the single player not having the dev console that the multiplayer has. I feel that it badly needs it for customising variables in zombies in particular such as fov, binds, etc. Those that abuse the system could be locked down for online zombies.
- Black Ops Colour Pre Match - Simple request which I have heard a lot. Make the ready up screen colour as it can be annoying waiting for minutes playing in black and white. Red marker is enough to indicate ready up.
- Black Ops server rcon limitations - I have noticed after a recent patch that certain rcon commands such as rcon login are no longer possible through keyboard binds where they previously were. Other commands such as rcon say are working so I hope that this can be fixed.
- Black Ops Quick Weapon select binding - I would ask if you could find out how to bind selecting classes to keys. I assume that this is relatively simple as selecting in menu opens a function of some sort. This would make a big difference if it was made available to the competitive scene and it has been made available in call of duty 4 but the same techniques do not work in black ops.
- Black Ops in depth server browser - I have been asked to request some modifications to the server browser for more refined searching such as searching by servers with specific dlc’s running, (eg: dlc 1 on, dlc 2 off, dlc 3 on), searching by specific name, how popular the server is overall (over last month, since release..) maps included in rotation, etc.
- Black Ops 2 Pc Support - Overall I and most pc players have been very happy with black ops level of balance and support which appeals to all groups in the pc community (competitive, modder, casual, etc) and we appeal to Treyarch to keep the same level of support for their next call of duty title (don’t expect any naming here but I know its in the works). The pc community has taken to black ops much more favourably than mw3 as a result and we hope that this continues.
- ** UPDATE ** Inpermeable Walls - Please fix the impermeable walls where it should be allowed to shoot through in game such as balustrudes in levels such as hanoi, gris, etc. This is important as the tactical advantage is always given to those on the balcony due to this glitch. Brushes need to be cut out where needed.
- ** UPDATE ** Wager Match Servers - Please edit official wager match servers so that some servers do not run map pack levels. All servers are running map packs on the rotation and many players are kicked whenever the map changes over. This is not a problem in multiplayer as we can check on server info if a map runs dlc and many admins state if dlc if inclusive or not in server name. It would help if those wager match servers that run no map packs were titled accordingly to help players.
If you would like to add to this please leave a comment and I will edit the document. Thanks for reading and have a merry Christmas.
- ** UPDATE ** Lean Exploits - Some walls/objects can be seen through by players when leaning to give an advantage. I have screenshotted all known ones in stock mp maps and uploaded them into the following album (http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab268/carlosraynorris/Black%20Ops%20Fixes/). Recommend restricting players the capability of seeing snything when leaning in these places.
** UPDATED again 27/03/12 - 1 new exploitable wall **
- ** UPDATE ** Multiplayer Ingame Binding - Please bring back the capability to bind functions to keys in game via the dev console as was possible in previous Call of Duty games so it can be done other than in the config file.
** UPDATE ** Many users are finding problems with combat training crashing after inviting friends to the game.
** UPDATE 15/04/12 ** Problem when invited to private server, the next time you join a private server, the password entered is the password of the private server you were just inviteds to before. Many admins may not want users knowing the password and will just want to send out invites instead.