However the loss of dedicated servers is not the only problem with the game and I have compiled a list of the games current problems that severely reduce its playability compared with other Call of duty games and other fps in general.
- Lag issues. Lag is everywhere in this game. A single 10-15 minute game cannot be played without anoying lag problems. This exists both on pc with the lack of more reliable dedicated servers but on consoles as well. These issues might be more acceptable in a demo or beta (which mw2 did not provide), but having played many hours on the bfbc2 beta (on dedicated servers), I have encountered absolutely no lag issues, both on pc as well as on my ps3. IW cannot use the excuse of the peer to peer system as on console this has been what was used in cod4,cod5 too. Both of these games have better pings in game, especially 5. Killcams show how serious this issue is. Rarely do all hitmarkers reflect bullets actually hitting the enemy. This all needs to be fixed and although it would not be easy, I believe it would make a lot of gamers more interested in playing the game, such as myself.
- Spawn logic. Spawn logic is so bad in this game. Especially with people runing around maps ridiculously fast a good system needed to be put in place and it has not been. Too often do you spawn in front or behind enemies within 3m granting easy kills and deaths. There are 2 solutions in my opinion. 1. fixed spawn points for each team would solve this with each team always spawning in a certain area. 2. spawn ptotection. Invunerability for a few seconds to allow people to get out of spawns without being spawnkilled works extremely well in older games and assumes that if the spawner shoots within the period of invunerabilty that the spawn protection goes. I think if IW do not sort out the current spawn issues in mw2 these 2 options would help a lot.
- Kniving. Kniving has always been worse than the weapon bash in my opinion, but its a matter of opinion. Perks such as commando, and tactical knive has made the game knivecentric. People are capable of escaping ambushes and disadvantaged situations using the kniv in this way like never before. I have tested the tactical knive class and it's not hard to get a 10-15 kill streak. I think kniving in cod4 should have been the extent to how far melee should have gone.
- Chopper Gunner. Its simply way too overpowered. Little or no effort is required to get massive killstreaks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqcxZGDqwJ4 . Compared to the AC130 which is also an 11 killstreak it is way too overpowered and simply needs to be fixed.
- DLC. I think everyone has expressed complaints about paying €10 for 4 maps, ar something similar. People in the past would pay €20-€30 for an expansion pack on a game which would have some extra single player and multiplayer content and I think this is fair, but I just personally feel that its too little to pay for what is given these days. Just an opinion.